All lifeguards must complete a refresher each season to make sure we are up to date, to ‘refresh’ our memory and learn about any changes. This includes both theory and practical courses. Please arrange your practical refresher with your Parol Captain.
How to access the Theory Refresher Course
It is best done from a desktop computer or laptop, but can be done from a phone or tablet.
- Go to this website https://webportal.surflifesaving.org.nz/
- Click on the blue ‘sign in’ button at the top right hand side
- Enter your username - this is sls_yourSLSNZnumber; for example mine is sls_89894 - if you don’t know your numberplease contact email@example.com
- Enter your password - this should be your lastname and the number 20, (all lowercase)
- Click the blue sign in button
- Along the blue menu bar will be ‘Online Learning’, click it and select ‘Sport Tutor’
- In the menu at the top, click on ‘My Learning’ The My Learning page should show you what awards you can refresh. Click into it to load – note you might have to click on the ‘Syllabus’ tab next to ‘Description’ – follow on screen instructions once you click into ‘2021-2022 Surf Lifeguard Refresher Online Theory Module’If you have problems accessing it from home we will make a computer available at the club during refresher sessions to assist you getting logged in.
The password should be your lastname and the number 20, e.g hohneck20 (all lowercase). It is recommended you change your password with the options provided.