2021/2022 Season Starts Sunday 7th November 2021
Junior Surf is about developing tomorrow’s lifeguards and is an ideal way for them to develop and improve their surf lifesaving knowledge and skills for themselves, and one day possibly for others. At the same time, they will have a ton of fun and some good, clean, healthy physical exercise and learn to be safe on the beach.
- Pāpāmoa’s Junior Surf Programme is designed for 5-14 year olds (as determined by the age the child is on 30th September).
- Age groups have their own dedicated coaches who will oversee the activities and teach those all-important beach skills.
- Junior Surf is on every Sunday 10am-12pm over the summer months - starting on 7th November 2021 and finishing mid-March 2022.
- Sessions incorporate both beach and water based activities dependent on time of year and surf conditions.
- Over the season there are various carnivals that children in the under 8 and above groups are encouraged to attend.
- At the end of the season there is a Club Championships for all Pāpāmoa Surf Club members aged 5+.
- There is no obligation to attend every week.
Due to Covid requirements, we have had to make some changes to how we run Junior Surf this season, so please ensure you keep an eye on our Junior Surf Facebook group page for updates.
JUNIOR SURF REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 12PM 4TH NOVEMBER 2021
We now need to know how many people have registered in each age group for JS. This means that unfortunately we can no longer allow children to trial a session before signing up. All participants must be pre-registered.
All JS participants are required to wear a club beanie and long-sleeved rash shirt (or high vis singlet if the child has their 200m badge). Wetsuits may be worn on colder days.
Uniforms MUST be ordered and collected before the first session on 7th November.
Uniform Collection Dates at the Club:
- Saturday 30th October between 2pm-3pm from the JS training room
- Thursday 4th November between 5.30pm-7pm from the JS training room
- Monday – Friday during the office opening hours of 9am-2pm from the main office upstairs
- one adult per child in each age group
- one beach access point for each age group
- parents/caregivers must not move between age groups on the beach
- no access to club facilities - families will need to use the public toilets and changing rooms located at the Domain car park
- face coverings are recommended
- maintain social distancing
- scan in using the Covid tracer app
- use hand sanitizer located at each age group flag
All coaches are volunteers – if you are keen to take the journey and learn along with your kids then we would love to hear from you.
Contact email@example.com for more information.