2022 WINTER SEASON
11th June - 9th October 2022
Our Pool Rescue Programme is for all members aged 10 years or above as of 30th September 2022 - Junior Surf, Ocean Athletes, Seniors and Masters.
Building lifesaving skills and confidence in the water is not limited to the ocean. As the ocean gets colder, we jump in the pool!
Our Pool Rescue Programme is a skills-based programme that prepares our club members to compete in the Surf Life Saving New Zealand National Pool Rescue Championship and regional events. All of which are hosted over the winter while the ocean is too cold to race in. In Pool Rescue, athletes learn various skills that include tube rescues, object recovery, underwater swimming, swimming with obstacles and fins. With these skills, athletes can race in an environment similar to competitive swimming but with an alternative set of races that utilise the skills listed above in individual and team formats. These skill-based sessions should be complemented by participation in an external swim programme to best prepare athletes for Pool Rescue competitions.
Watch this space - registration details will be added soon.
Do you have a friend who might be interested in Pool Rescue? CLICK HERE to download a brochure that you can print and give to them with all the information.
- Participants must have a competent base level of swimming ability.
- A 200m badge is recommended but not required.
- This programme should be complimented by an external swim programme such as squad swimming at a local swim club.
- Seniors and Masters do not have to be a lifeguard to take part in the Pool Rescue Programme.
- Participants must be a current member of Pāpāmoa Surf LIfe Saving Club.
- Programme Fee = $120 (Juniors & Seniors), $60 (Masters)
- Club Racing Swim Cap = $20
- Competition Entry Fees = $50-$100
- Pool Entry (Baywave only) = see Baywave website for costs (concession cards available)
- Club Membership Fee = $60 (all participants must be a paid member of PSLSC)
- Club cap for competitions
Pool Rescue participants can compete in regional events throughout winter with the goal of attending the National Pool Rescue Championships at the end of the season.
Mock Racing Day
When: 6th August 2022
Where: Rotorua Aquatic Centre
Jump in our closest 50m pool to try each individual race in a training environment before race day.
Eastern Region Pool Rescue Championships
When: 10th - 11th September 2022
Where: Water World Hamilton
A small regional event which encourages all abilities to experience racing in the lead up to Nationals.
National Pool Rescue Championships
When: 7th - 9th October 2022
Where: AUT Millennium Auckland
Race your fellow surf lifesaving peers in an inclusive environment for the title of best in the country. No qualifying times are required, all abilities welcome.